Friday, December 26, 2014

Cold/Flu Busters

COLD/FLU BUSTERS


'Tis the season.  I love CHRISTmas!  It is my favorite time of year.  However, it is also the season for colds and flu.  Bummer.  So our household gave the gift of colds this year for CHRISTmas.  "But behold,  and fear not!  I bring you tidings of great joy!  Unto you is given the recipes for cold busting!"  As soon as I felt mine coming on I started with a hefty protocol of the following at least 3 times a day, along with some zinc lozenges.  I fared pretty well and was only mildly effected by the cold germ.  My husband, who didn't get started on the protocol right away, and fought taking the gargle because it was "nasty",  and was not as good about the zinc lozenges either, didn't fare as well, but he admits that it could have been much worse if he hadn't done what he did.

Be sure to start this protocol as soon as possible, take it 3-5 times a day, and continue for several days following relief of symptoms or as long as there are sickies around your environment.  Discontinue the Oregano if using for more than 2 weeks.  You need at least a two week break from regular oregano use.

Cold/Flu BUSTERS

  • RUB/ROLL on chest/feet/neck (antibacterial/antiviral, cough, congestion, pain, fever, fatigue) *DO NOT INGEST!   I used 1 drop of each of the following and then added FCO:  
    • Cypress
    • White Fir
    • Birch
    • Eucalyptus
    • Oregano
    • Rosemary
    • Lemon
    • Lime
    • Melaleuca
    • Peppermint
    • Cinnamon
    • Myrrh
    • Frankincense
    • Clove
    • Thyme
  • GARGLE  (antibacterial/antiviral/antifungal, sore throat, cough) Use 1 drop each of the following or you may make up a blend of equal parts in a 5ml. bottle (I used 10 drops of each) for ease and use 5 drops.  I like to use a small dessert glass (shot glass) and add some water or juice to dilute.  You don't want more than one swallow!  It is certainly not tasty, but well worth it as it packs a major immune punch!  Make sure to gargle it around as long as you can stand it and then swallow.  If you have sensitive lips, I suggest putting some coconut oil or chapstick on your lips first.
    • Oregano
    • Melaleuca
    • Cinnamon
    • Clove
    • Thyme
    • Lemon
    • Lime
    • Orange
    • Myrrh
  • DIFFUSE (antibacterial/antiviral, cough, congestion, pain, fever, fatigue) *DO NOT INGEST!  Again, I made up an equal part blend for ease of use and use 3-5 drops in my diffuser.
    • Cypress
    • White Fir
    • Rosemary
    • Eucalyptus
    • Peppermint
    • Lime
    • Lemon
    • Cinnamon
    • Clove
    • Thyme
  • NASAL SPRAY Decongestant  Good for preventing or treatment of sinus infections.  (antibacterial/antiviral/antifungal, congestion)  I used 2 drops of each oil.  You may want to try just 1 drop of each to start with and try out your sensitivity.  I squirted some of the saline nasal spray into a shot glass with the oils and then, holding the sprayer upright, gently squeezed out the air.  Then tipped the sprayer into the shot glass and released the squeeze on the sprayer which then sucked up the mix from the glass.  Be sure to shake well before each use.
    • In a nasal sprayer:
      • Eucalyptus
      • Frankincense
      • Rosemary
      • Saline water

No comments:

Post a Comment