Wednesday, October 21, 2015

OIL PULLS

OIL PULLS 

An ancient Ayurvedic practice to "pull out toxins", oil pulls can help with headaches, mouth sores, tooth issues, sore throats and apparently a myriad of other health issues.  Honestly, my only experience with oil pulling was when I woke up with a serious sore throat.  My mother suggested that I try an oil pull.  I put a spoonful of coconut oil with a drop of Melaleuca and Lemon and Clove Bud oils in my mouth and swished it around for 20 minutes.  I was careful not to swallow (as this method claims to "pull out the toxins" and I didn't want to ingest all that yuck!) but did make sure to coat the back roof of my mouth/throat really well.  I did this twice during the day and it felt soothing.  The following day my sore throat was completely gone!  I continued oil pulling twice a day for a couple days just to make sure it didn't come back.   Another experience was by my husband who was hit in the mouth with a baseball and it mangled his lip pretty bad and knocked a tooth loose.  He also tried the oil pulling technique and found it extremely soothing and it was amazing how fast his lip healed!

 Approx. 1 tablespoon carrier oil

add:

Melaleuca (for anti-infectious properties)
Clove Bud (for pain)

other oils as preferred for individual cases 

Just put in mouth and swish for a minimum of 15-20 minutes and then spit out!  I found that doing this while showering and dressing in the morning worked well, before I brushed my teeth.  Then in the evening while watching TV.  Inevitably, your phone will ring!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment